Friday, November 14, 2008

Today's Shared Google Reader Items, 11/14

We'll see if I can get through this on craptastic hotel internet here in New Windsor, New York (I'm going to a wedding at West Point tomorrow). Can anyone tell me why hotel wifi always seems like they're piping it through a dial-up modem?? Anyhoo, here are the shared items:
  • I love the idea of powerline broadband (using existing powerlines to carry high-speed internet, as I understand essentially by using the "noise" in the powerlines). I hope this plan to resurrect it pans out.
  • Ok, it looks like the Palin Africa thing was BS. Phew. That's what I get for trusting Fox News commenting talking about comments from an anonymous McCain staffer.
  • I love, love, love this story that's kinda sorta almost about the Monty Python parrot joke being 1600 years old.
  • Huh, the NY Times has picked up the HIV cure story. I'm still not holding my breath, but this might not be BS.
  • I still think there are worse things Bush could do to secure his place in history as all-time worst US President, but this is a good start.
  • Flying cars are coming! Flying cars are coming!
  • I want to love RFK, Jr (it seems like the right thing to do as a left-wing nutjob), but his anti-vax stuff means I can't support him for anything related to science, and head of the EPA falls squarely in that category. Phil Plait, the Bad Astronomer, has more (or at least links to more).
Oh, btw, with this post I pass my one-month post record for this blog (set in October, when I figured out this "post what I shared so people can comment" trick). Woohoo!

And yes, I shared a ton during the "driving way too far" phase of my trip, and am now blogging from the hotel. That's because, duh, I forgot to get text message blogging set up here; on the drive back, I should be able to blog from the road. Woohoo again!

No comments: